Company & Culture
Headquartered in Houston, TX, Ensign Natural Resources is an exploration & production company expanding through asset acquisitions and development in the Eagle Ford Basin. Ensign believes in making disciplined investments, applying effective technology, and focusing on continuous improvement.
At Ensign, attitudes and behaviors that support our culture matter. Employees are expected to foster a culture of personal responsibility, courage and good judgement while pursuing excellence in all efforts through passion, determination, and continuous improvement.
• Execute work orders as directed by the maintenance scheduler
• Effectively handle break in schedule work orders
• Perform basic electrical (AC/DC) troubleshooting
• Perform preventive maintenance as required
• Calibrate, maintain, and repair all measurement and automation equipment
• Troubleshoot and repair radio networks associated with SCADA system
• Work closely with Leads, I&E Technicians, Artificial Lift Techs, Pipeline Techs and Mechanical Techs to problem solve
• Respond to callouts, as needed, in a timely manner
• Know and follow all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policies at all times
• Know and use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times
• Exercise stop work authority in the event of unsafe conditions or situations
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Education, Experience & Skills
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least 5 years of related experience
• Must have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
• Basic understanding of Gas and Liquid measurement
• Basic understanding of ABB Totalflow computers
• Basic understanding of pneumatic and electronic instrumentation
• Basic understanding of PLCs
• Basic understanding of SCADA equipment
• Strong ability to understand and adhere to processes
• Must be able to promote cooperation and work effectively as part of a team
• Basic math skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Physical Work Conditions
• Required to travel to field locations.
• Able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Able to lift/move up to 50 pounds on regular basis, and occasionally lift/ move up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
• Able to deal with wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat/cold.
• Work environment may include moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, airborne particles and moderate to loud noise, requiring consistent use of appropriate PPE.
Ensign offers competitive salary, cash bonus and equity plans. The Company also offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical/dental/vision plans, company paid life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan contribution matching with 100% immediate vesting, paid vacation, sick time, and much more.